Piero Macgowan is a Mexican-born, Senior Concept Artist at Firaxis Games in Baltimore, USA, as well as an Illustrator, Fine Artist, and College Professor.
- Worked directly with Art Director to create and define XCOM’s aesthetic vision from conception.
- Focused on creating color keys and environments to establish and guide narrative.
- Created main character and creature concepts.
- Problem-solved system-based assets (cover and interactive items, kit swaps, deco passes)
- Provided cinematic support through storyboards.
- Assisted marketing efforts to generate promotional art.
- Supervised junior artists.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
Sid Meier’s Civilization V (PC)
XCOM: Enemy Within (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
XCOM 2 (PC)
Did marketing illustrations, color keys and environments. Worked on two unreleased titles and collaborated with the teams' directors to create initial artistic vision.