Piero Macgowan is a Mexican-born, Senior Concept Artist at Firaxis Games in Baltimore, USA, as well as an Illustrator, Fine Artist, and College Professor. Since joining Firaxis in 2007 he has played a pivotal role in developing the XCOM franchise from the beginning, as well as providing support for other projects like the Civilization franchise. He obtained his B.F.A. in Illustration with Honors from the Maryland Institute College of Art.
- Worked directly with Art Director to create and define XCOM’s aesthetic vision from conception.
- Focused on creating color keys and environments to establish and guide narrative.
- Created main character and creature concepts.
- Problem-solved system-based assets (cover and interactive items, kit swaps, deco passes)
- Provided cinematic support through storyboards.
- Assisted marketing efforts to generate promotional art.
- Supervised junior artists.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
Sid Meier’s Civilization V (PC)
XCOM: Enemy Within (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
XCOM 2 (PC)
Did marketing illustrations, color keys and environments. Worked on two unreleased titles and collaborated with the teams' directors to create initial artistic vision.